Leasing Up Quickly

Getting a Building Leased Up Quickly Required a bit of Luck and Lots of Hard Work. 

From Matthew Skiles

 

The Challenge

Brad and I met in 2019 at a network meeting. During this market meeting, Brad asked for referrals for disgruntled building owners, and I was one of those. I had space for lease, and nothing seemed to be happening. So, I engaged Brad to lease 5700 square feet office area space. One week later, he brought me a good tenant that lasted 3 years. Also, during those 3 years he leased the remaining part of the building after I moved out of my personal space. Fast forward three years, the first tenant Brad put into my building moved out. I decided to return to Brad to list this property again, but this time, he acquired an even better deal in three weeks’ time.

The Action

Brad put together an intense marketing campaign to ensure that all prospects would see the space was available. A tenant’s representative, in Dallas, Texas, saw the posting online about this property. He informed his local client to see if it would be of interest. The local client decided to tour the building with Brad to see if it would be a good fit.

The Result

The local client decided he wanted to proceed with a letter of intent. The letter of intent sent by the client’s representative, from Dallas, Texas, required lots on negotiation to suit our needs. Brad was very diligent in making sure that nothing in the letter of intent was detrimental to my interests. After we agreed to the terms on the letter of intent, the tenant sent over a lease that, again, required lots of negotiation. In the end, we were able to procure a 5-year lease with rent bumps every year.

The Testimonial

Brad has always told me that getting properties like mine leased in one or two weeks doesn’t happen very often, but he has done it for me three times. Throughout the process, Brad gave me great advise every step of the way. He regularly communicated with me about any new developments, and I always felt that Brad had my back. I feel confident that I received the best lease value for my property

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Listening Ear.

A Commercial Building Sale from Soup to Nuts

Prospecting: The Thoughtful Way