A Trusted Advisor

 



Who is your trusted advisor?

In many areas of life, we as human beings seek out the advice of others for good, solid guidance in decision-making. Finding someone who will selflessly provide their input without any selfish intentions is important. Advising with your best interest in mind, not theirs.

Commercial Real Estate brokers should be such an advisor.

Many of our clients depend on us to give advice that best serves them and their situation. From setting a listing price to negotiation offers, your commercial real estate broker should offer advice guided by experience, honesty, and integrity. 

If you’re a seller looking to list your property, this might mean providing a candid, objective asset assessment. 

If you’re a buyer/investor, they might offer an opinion to steer you away from a bad deal. 

Your commercial real estate broker should be your guiding light and strongest advocate - protecting your business, investments, and YOUR MONEY at the end of the day.

Of course, this should be so easy, but sometimes the ugly side of human nature sets in. It’s no secret that real estate brokers only make money when deals are done; it’s just how this business works, but when your broker starts advocating that you make decisions that seem to better serve THEM than you, it is time to sever the relationship. 

You deserve a professional who respects that you have chosen them specifically to represent you and your assets in the marketplace. We work for YOU!

I have often been asked by folks who don't know me well, “How do I know I can trust you?” I understand the initial distrust. 

First, it is a strong belief of mine that trust is earned through deeds, not words. 

Second, I always tell my clients I will give you unvarnished advice in your best interest. It may not always be advice you want to hear, and occasionally, it will cost me a deal, but I will never waver from the fact that when I tell you something or give you my professional opinion, you can take it to the bank.

Normally, I am very mild mannered and it takes a lot to rile me up. On those very few occasions when emotions do get the best of me, it is always because someone has questioned my integrity. I have prided myself for 30 years in the commercial real estate business to always be what my tagline says, “Straight Forward Advice All The Time.” Has that cost me a few deals? You bet! 

I will never tell an owner that his property is worth way above market value, so he'll list the property with me. I have never seen the value of that practice. Most owners appreciate me being a bit conservative on value, and then when I can get that price or even a little more, they are grateful.

So, I will ask the same question I asked in the title of this blog...

Who is your trusted advisor?

Cut Through The Noise. Get Straightforward Advice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Listening Ear.

Prospecting: The Thoughtful Way

I DON'T NEED NO STINKING TITLE COMMITMENT!